Thursday, December 22, 2011

jqgrid with php and sqlserver

Since the legacy system was developed in Powerbuilder, datawindow was heavily in used; the users used to work with grid-like interface. Thus, I need to look for a implementation that works with the web development and found that jqgrid has many nice features that it can be applied, after I tried its demo.

However, it lacked of examples that was working with MS sql server, and most of them out there are mysql examples.

After a day or two, I finally manage how to retrieve data from MS SQL server to jqgrid and update back to the database with PHP and sqlsrv driver.

However, I don't like the grid send update request immediately, once the data in the grid was modified. This is because I need to do a batch insert/update to fulfill the logical design.

Let's see how much the jqgrid can do or any work-around on this issue.

update (12/29):
jqgrid, constructing option:
editurl:'clientArray',
the grid will not fire the update request to server if editurl is set to 'clientArray',
then I can manipulate the data, clientArray, anytime I want and send a batch update to the server.

No comments: